GAIN members are unified in the mission to serve the senior adult population. Members provide services or support products designed to keep clients and patients safe, cared for, and comfortable at home.
While the GAIN organization is open to considering all categories that service the senior client, here is a list of the most common categories.
- Home Health Care – Medical based services reimbursed by Medicare and provided by licensed professionals.
- Hospice – Medical based services reimbursed by Medicare with a clinical focus on comfort and emotional support.
- Home Care – Non-medical caregiving service supporting daily activities like meal preparation, light house keeping, transportation, personal care, and companionship. Home Care is paid privately, by Long Term Care Insurance or by authorized VA benefits.
- Mobile Doctors – Primary care medical professionals who deliver care in a patients home. In home mobile doctors may be paid for by Medicare or paid privately.
- Mobile Dentists – Full service cleaning and dental care provided in a patients place of residence. Services may be covered by insurance.
- Geriatric Care Managers – Care management provided by a licensed professional trained to help families navigate difficult medical, living, and planning decisions. They often act as a hub for communication. There services are generally privately paid.
- Placement Advisors – Professionals who scout and recommend senior living communities, board and cares, and home care providers. This service is free to clients and professionals are paid by communities once a move-in occurs.
- Durable Medical Equipment and Supplies – Sellers provide specialty equipment for people who need medical supplies or disposable products that promote independence, safety, and health.
- Private Physical Therapy – Experts provide in-home therapy and exercise support to improve health and mobility.
- Adult Day Programs – Programs designed to engage senior adults with dementia and provide cognitive and social stimulation as well as provide respite for care givers.
- Community Support Programs – Free, low cost, and community based programs that fill gaps in care, transportation, support, and resources. (below)
Golden Age Integrative Network Community Support Programs
2019 GAIN guest speakers
2nd Meeting: May 22, 2019
- The 8P Screening Tool and Outpatient Service Providers
- Tara Pardo: Care Choice Home Care 844-239-1299
3rd Meeting: June 26, 2019
- Parkinson’s Association of San Diego
- Kathy Bruyere: 858-999-5671
- Golden Boy Mobility
- Sean Peterson: 858-748-9414
4th Meeting: July 24, 2019
- Hospice of the South Coast Transition Program
- Lindsay Samson & Stephani Perkins: 619-305-0350
- Serving Seniors
- Jennifer Sinnott: 619-487-0720
5th Meeting: August 28, 2019
- St. Pauls PACE Program
- Leila Alexander email@example.com: 619-677-3800
- Pacific-Sotheby’s International Realty
- Bryan Devore: 760-908-3838
- Medicare Presentation: Physio 2 Go
- Joe Mahon: 858-200-7914
6th Meeting: September 25, 2019
- Senior Home Purchase Program
- Van Cupples: 858-859-0107
7th Meeting: October 23, 2019
- Senior Move Masters
- Linda Diller: 1-800-545-4775
- Medicare 411
- Tracy Blackburn: 619-202-1622
- Vets for Elders
- Sarah Christ: 866-772-VETS
8th Meeting: December 4, 2019
- Meals on Wheels
- Alyssa Wong: 619-278-4022
- CREST Community Program-Hoarding Disorder
- John Gault: 619-543-7681
9th Meeting: January 22, 2020
- San Diego OASIS
- Jolyn Parker: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hospitals Re-Admissions Prevention Program (RAPP)
- Jonna Overson: email@example.com
10th Meeting: February 26, 2020
- Jewish Family Services of San Diego
- Aging Life Care 858-637-3210
- JFS Foodmobile 858-637-3230
- Geriatric Care Management 858-637-3210
- JFS Fix-It Service 858-637-3210